Animated short, traditional animation, 3 min, 2011
Bob’s little barbershop is not going well. His neighbour, high-tech-hairdresser “Magic Marcel” gets all the customers.
The two hairdressers are rivals not only in business: They both have a crush on the same woman.
Marcel plays dirty tricks on Bob to ruin his business and his love. Bob has to fight back by means of a true coiffeur. Continue reading
Animated short, 3D computer animation, 4 min 46 sec, D 2010
Script, design, animation, directors: Franka Sachse, Uli Seis
A firefly falls in love with the most shiny thing he knows, the sun.
Fireflies are so romantic, aren’t they? And if it is the last thing they do…
Festivals, screenings, awards
- 8. Int. Ulrich-Schiegg-Filmpreis 2010, D (Ulrich-Schiegg-film price in silver category animation)
- Animabasauri International Animated Film Festival 2011 (Karratu Short Film Selection)
- Filmthuer Landesfilmfestival Thüringen Jena 2011 (thirt prize)
- Bundesfilmfestival FantEx Waiblingen 2011 (silver medal)
- Neiße Film Festival 2011
- backup festival Weimar, bauhaus.films, backup.at.home 2011
- Int. Low & No Budget Videofilmfestival Stuttgart 2011
- 17. San Gió Video Festival Verona
- 27. Festival Internazionale del Cinema d’Animazione e del Fumetto, Cartoon Club, Rimini
- MS Beat Festival Chemnitz 2011
- 1. Kieler Fördedampfer Filmfestival
- 5. Kurzfimfestival Oberschöneweide, Berlin
- Festival des gescheiterten Films
- International Uranium Film Festival, Rio de Janeiro
- Film Leben Festival Ilmenau 2012
- OderKurz-Filmspektakel 2012, night programme
- broadcasted on TV Brasil in the programme Animania
- Flimmergarten, Leipzig – Ein Filmfestival zur Nachhaltigkeit
- 48, 40 Frames – Kurzfilme an der Vöckla, Vöcklabruck, Österreich
- Animahenasyon – Philippine Animation Festival (Bauhaus film programme)
- Bauhaus film programme in the exhibition Jeune Création, Galerie Jeune Création, Paris
“Beloved Sun” has its own blog.
Animated short, traditional and 2D-computer animation, 6 min 30 sec, D 2009
a film by Daniel Wacker and Uli Seis
About the film
„6 Jahre Dosenpfand“ is a film about history and how it concerns our daily life. The story takes place at the Theaterplatz in Weimar – a special place in german history. I am sorry the film is german only.
animated music video, rotoscoping, 3 min 30 sec, D 2006
“Scorch ya” is the second rotoscoped music video I did. I think it is an interesting technique for music videos. You can combine the aesthetics of animation and the performance of the musicians.
Animated short, vector-rendered 3D-computer-animation, 11 min 30 sec, D 2007
Ofen aus (“The Cooker Died”) is a 3D-animated short about an old-fashioned egg timer that has to struggle with an arrogant new electric cooker.
Unfortunately it is in German only.
Design, animation, directors: Franka Sachse, Uli Seis
Script: Uli Seis
Music: Florian Mehling
Story Consultant: Michaela Beck
Animated music video, rotoscoping, 3 min 22 sec, D 2005
Considering is an animated music video that was done with rotoscoping. Live-action footage was traced in Flash.
The song is from the band “Pangäa”.
- Festival des Très Courts, regional selection Weimar
- 10. Oldenburger Kurzfilmtage zwergWERK
- broadcastet on MDR-Television (unicato)
- broadcastet on BR-Television (on3-Südwild)